Activities Instructor – Full Time
This role is based at Five Lakes, Maldon, CM9 8HX
If you’re good at what you do, you can work anywhere. If you’re the best at what you do – come and work with us at Potters Resorts – Five Lakes, the UK’s only all-inclusive Resorts!
We have some fantastic opportunities available right now for team players with brilliant interpersonal skills, bundles of energy, endless enthusiasm, and the ability to go the extra mile every day.
The atmosphere on Resort is busy, fast-paced, and exciting, and no two days are ever the same! So, what are you waiting for…?
As part of our team, we will offer you…
- Personal Development and Accredited Learning opportunities with our Potters Academy
- Employee Assistance and Wellbeing Programmes
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Free Gym & Leisure facilities
- Friends & family discounts
- Team Recognition, Awards & Treat Days
- Loyalty Awards
- Evening Passes
About the Activities Instructor Role;
- Supporting the Activities Team Leader to ensure the smooth running of our busy activities programme for our resident Guests with the ultimate aim of delivering FUN!
- Activities include anything from: Archery, Rifle Shooting, Segways, Rally Karts, Giants Swing, Darts, Golf, Snooker, Table Tennis … to name but a few!
- The ability to entertain, coach, and supervise the safe running of each activity ensuring that the guests receive our Five-Star customer service standards at all times
- Ensuring all activities are safely operated whilst ensuring maximum fun!
- Promote a culture of efficiency and dedication within the team, with a strong emphasis on attention to detail
- Problem-solving skills with the ability to react quickly and efficiently in dealing with the daily needs and challenges of the running a full and demanding programme
- To have exceptional standards with relation to customer service, teamwork, health & safety, and team happiness and wellbeing
- A willingness to learn and receive training to keep up to date with any new activities.
- Due to the nature of this role a DBS check will be required.
- There are legal requirements relating to the running of some of our activities. Therefore, candidates must be a minimum of 18 years old.
You will take personal pride in;
- Being approachable and supportive to all activities team members
- Having a keen eye and strong attention to detail
- Being pro-active and leading by example
- Having excellent organisational and motivational skills
- Taking responsibility for your own personal and professional development
- Building a rapport with our guests and helping them to feel welcome and enjoy their stay
- Promoting teamwork by establishing strong working relationships with those around you, by treating your colleagues with respect
Previous experience in an activity role is advantageous but not essential.
Hours of work:
- Full-time position, based on 40 - 48 hours per week, working 5/6 days out of 7 (including weekends)
- Activities run between 9am to 6pm
- All straight shifts, around the needs of the business (evenings occasionally may be needed)
If you have a natural ability to build a rapport with our lovely guests and put a smile on their face that stays with them throughout their stay – then you could be just the person we’re looking for!
As a newly expanded and re-developed Resort we are able to offer a wide variety of roles and opportunities. To ensure that you are the best you can be, we’ll ensure that you are trained by the best and that you will receive continued training, support, and personal development throughout your career with us.
To start the next step of your journey with us – apply now! We look forward to hearing from you.
Potters Resorts is an equal opportunities employer. We will consider all qualified candidates without regard to age, disability, gender, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, or sexual orientation. Our recruitment team are happy to support with any reasonable adjustments that are needed within the recruitment process.