Potters Resorts Five Lakes
This position is based near Maldon, Essex, CM9 8HX
We are currently seeking an experienced Bar Manager to join our Resort management team, with the capability to drive and manage our busy multi-operation Resort Bars department.
This is an exciting opportunity for a focused and experienced Manager as the Resort enters a period of re-development and expansion, with new Bar areas now open offering up to 400 resident Guests an 5 Star All Inclusive product offering from May 2022. Could this be the challenge you are looking for?
If you possess high levels of energy, excellent communication skills and the ability to quickly build a strong rapport with our team and guests this role could be just for you, working with a friendly and fun team at an amazing location. What are you waiting for … !
Along with a competitive salary, we will offer you:
- Working with a really friendly and fun team (and creating fun & customer happiness for our guests/members, what’s not to like!)
- Excellent learning and development opportunities
- Gym membership
- A range of discounts varying from, accommodation, dining and sports & leisure
- Company pension scheme
- Refer a friend cash incentive
- Cycle2Work Scheme
- Employee Assistance / Wellbeing Programme
- Live in accommodation is also available
SCOPE & MAIN PURPOSE
To oversee the day to day running of the Resort Bars;
- Must have demonstrable experience as a (hotel) Bar Manager, with at least 2 years previous experience at this level
- Must have the experience and ability to manage a team –ensuring you are leading the team in the delivery of our exceptional Customer Service standards
- Must be commercially astute and sales focused, maximising every opportunity to increase sales and exceed targets.
- To deliver exceptional Customer Service;
- Ensuring the delivery of exceptional Customer service, both personally and by motivating and inspiring your team to deliver excellent Customer service standards at all times
- Driving and maintaining departmental operational standards ensuring the department runs efficiently and effectively
- Hands on support, working alongside the Bars team and leading from the front, dealing with a wide range of operational situations within this large multi-functional Resort
- Proactive and confident in dealing with any opportunities and Guest complaints, with the ability to close them swiftly and to the satisfaction of all parties concerned
- To manage and motivate your team;
- Exceptional people management skills, with the passion and ability to lead and motivate the team from the front, putting people at the top of the agenda to enable them to perform to their full potential.
- Leading, managing and developing the team, ensuring that they have the necessary skills to deliver to the standards required
- Has a genuine passion for people being our number one asset and supports this by recognising individuals and praising them, giving them regular and constructive feedback where appropriate and supporting our Resort annual review process
- Is aware of their individual team member strengths and weaknesses and is pro-active in the development of them, using coaching skills to help people achieve their potential
About You - Key skills and experience:
- Demonstrable experience in a similar Bar management role
- The ability to deliver consistently high standards of Customer Service through their team
- Coaching skills with the ability to develop the team to deliver high operational standards and results
- A strong bias towards developing people to their true potential
- Excellent communication skills
- A strong, focused, work ethic with excellent attention to detail
- The ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure
- A positive attitude and outgoing approach
This is a full time role – 5 days out of 7, hours as required around the needs of the business
Immediate start date available for the right candidate!