Please note this job is located at Potters Resorts, Five Lakes, Maldon, Essex.
JOB TITLE: Commis Chef
REPORTING TO: Head Chef
RESPONSIBLE FOR: Kitchen
KEY LIAISON: All departments / food & beverage employees
SCOPE & MAIN PURPOSE
Food and Beverage is what adds flavour to a stay! Guests love to enjoy delicious, freshly-prepared and beautifully presented food. To deliver a great guest experience – a Cook/Commis Chef, as a member of the kitchen team, will assist in preparing food in a timely manner, helping guests to have memorable experiences whenever and wherever they dine.
DUTIES & RESPOSIBILITIES
- Prepare and cook orders in accordance with portion and quality standards specified in recipes
- Control food usage to minimise waste
- Advise supervisor of low inventory items; assists in receiving items and taking inventory
- as required
- Maintain sanitation and cleanliness standards in the kitchen area that meet or exceed any local laws regarding health and safety
- Maintain a clean, neat and well-organised work area, including but not limited to reach-ins, walk-ins and counters
- Follow all established safety protocols and procedures at all times. Immediately report any unsafe or malfunctioning equipment or any safety incident to the supervisor or manager on duty
- May assist by performing dish washing or other kitchen duties as needed
- Work as part of a team and communicate with other departments as per hotel procedures to ensure excellent quality and service
- May occasionally interact directly with guests
- May assist with other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
Level 2 in Food Preparation - ideal but not essential as training will be given
Basic reading, writing and math skills.
Some food preparation experience or training preferred.
This job requires ability to perform the following
- Carrying or lifting items weighing up to 50 pounds / 23 kilograms
- Standing up and moving about the kitchen
- Handling food, objects, products and utensils
- Bending, stooping, kneeling
- Communication skills are used frequently when interacting with the other cooks,
- wait staff and supervisors
- Reading and writing abilities are used often when preparing meals from a recipe, when assisting in the scheduling of the kitchen staff, or when monitoring inventory
- Mathematical skills, including basic math, percentages, quantities, and variances are
- used frequently
- Ability to comply to local laws regarding food handling or serving of alcohol
- Have the ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends and/or holidays
Shift patterns may include:
Early - 7 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Middle - 11 a.m . - 7 p.m.
Late - 3 p.m. - 11 p.m.
Hours will fluctuate around the needs and demands of the business.
Immediate start date available
Team Live In accommodation also available if required
Due to the nature of our business this is by no means a complete listing of the role and you may be asked to complete other duties as a result of a business need.