This role is based at Maldon, Essex, CM9 8HX
If you’re good at what you do, you can work anywhere. If you’re the best at what you do – come and work with us at Potters Resorts Five Lakes, the UK’s only all-inclusive Resorts!
We have a fantastic opportunity available right now for an experienced Chef, with brilliant interpersonal skills, bundles of energy, endless enthusiasm, and the ability to go the extra mile every day, catering for up to 400 Guests on a full board basis.
The atmosphere on Resort is busy, fast-paced, and exciting, and no two days are ever the same! So, what are you waiting for…?
As part of our team, along with a competitive salary, we will offer you …
- Free use of our Resort Gym and Swimming Pool
- 30% Discount on products in the shop
- Discounted holidays for you and your family at both our Hopton-on-Sea and Five Lakes Resorts
- Free Team Lunch available daily
- Free Parking and on the main Bus Route
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Discount off all products and treatments within our Resort Spa
- Reward & Recognition Schemes
- Opportunities to learn and develop across the Resort, as well as options to complete fully funded qualifications
- Discounted Tickets for you and family or friends to join us for a drinks-all-inclusive ‘Evening of Entertainment’ on Resort
- Free access to our Employee Assistance and Wellbeing Programmes. Including advice and support with health checks, access to GP’s, mental health support and counselling
About the Demi Chef role;
- To fully support the Kitchen Management team with the running of our Kitchens during service to support ensuring that:
- You lead by example at all times in supporting and consistently delivering the Company’s Vision and Mission statement, customer Service standards and the Kitchen Departmental operating standards.
- You show due diligence at all times, fully supporting the following procedures and leading by example at all times;
- Date dot / labelling procedure
- Food waste procedure – ensuring clearly recorded in the main Kitchen waste control book
- HACCP controls
- Health & Hygiene / Food Safety standards for the Resort
- To be proactive in your own personal development in order to support your future growth and development within the Kitchen
- Working as a team to deliver fresh, delicious, and quality food to our guests, exceeding their expectations
- Ensuring that the kitchen environment is kept clean and hygienic at all times
- Using attention to detail to ensure that every dish meets our exceptional standards
About you – Key skills and experience;
- Culinary experience and skills, with a minimum of 2 years within a challenging and demanding kitchen environment
- NVQ Level 2, or equivalent catering qualification
- Good leadership and motivational qualities, with proven supervisory experience
- Standards driven, with a focus on quality and attention to detail
- Exceptional organisational skills, with the ability to work under pressure and to specific time frames
Hours of work:
- Straight shifts – no split shifts!
- Full-time position
- 45 hours per week, working 5 days out of 7
To start the next step of your journey with us – apply now! We look forward to hearing from you.
This job has now closed
You can find more jobs over on our careers page.
See More Jobs