DEMI CHEF (FULL TIME) ~ POTTERS RESORT
We are looking for enthusiastic and motivated individuals with a positive outlook and a ‘can do’ attitude to join our demanding high volume catering operation. The role will provide key junior management support to our Kitchen Brigade within our kitchen operations across the Resort.
The person for this role could be an experienced Commis Chef with ambition and a passion for food, looking to take the next step with their career.
About You - Key skills and experience:
- Culinary experience and skills, with a minimum of 2 years within a challenging and demanding kitchen environment
- NVQ Level 2 or equivalent catering qualification
- Good leadership and motivational qualities, with proven supervisory experience
- Standards driven, with a focus on quality and attention to detail
- Exceptional organisational skills, with the ability to work under pressure and to specific time frames
- To fully support the Kitchen Management team with the running of any designated Kitchen, including the Main Kitchen, Main Upstairs Kitchen, Gallery Kitchen or the Private Lounge kitchens, during service to support ensuring that:
- You lead by example at all times in supporting and consistently delivering the Company’s Vision and Mission statement, customer Service standards and the Kitchen Departmental operating standards.
- You show due diligence at all times, fully supporting the following procedures and leading by example at all times;
- Date dot / labelling procedure
- Food waste procedure – ensuring clearly recorded in the main Kitchen waste control book
- HACCP controls
- Healthy & Hygiene / Food Safety standards for the Resort
- To be proactive in your own personal development in order to support your future growth and development within the Kitchen.
- 45 hour per week – All straight shifts!
- Two shift patterns available – Early Shift (9 hours) between the hours of 6.30 a.m. -4.30 p.m, or Late shift (9 hours) between the hours of 12 p.m. - 9.30pm
- 5 days out of 7
In return an attractive salary package, together with:
- Working with a really friendly and fun team (and creating fun & customer happiness for our guests/members, what’s not to like!)
- Excellent learning and development opportunities – including Apprenticeship Schemes
- Free use of Palms Health and Fitness Club
- Discounted rates on accommodation, dining experiences, sports & leisure and entertainment and products whilst on Resort
- Cycle2Work Scheme
- Employee Assistance / Wellbeing Programme
If you are looking for an opportunity to progress and join a market leading Holiday Resort then this is your chance!
Closing Date: Friday, 9th April 2021