This role is based at Five Lakes ~ Maldon, ESSEX CM9 8HX
If you’re good at what you do, you can work anywhere. If you’re the best at what you do – come and work with us at Potters Resorts - Five Lakes, the UK’s only all-inclusive Resorts!
We are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated individual with a positive outlook and a ‘can do’ attitude to join our Gardening / Grounds Team.
The role will provide key day to day support to take care of our 320 acres of Grounds, Gardens (excludes our Championship Golf Course) that this busy team look after, duties could include: lawn mowing, hedge cutting, planting, tree care and general garden maintenance.
Along with a competitive salary we will offer you …
- Personal Development and Accredited Learning opportunities with our Potters Academy
- Employee Assistance and Wellbeing Programmes
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Free Gym & Leisure facilities
- Free Meals whilst at work
- Friends & family discounts
- Team Recognition, Awards & Treat Days
- Loyalty Awards
- 40 hours per week
- 5 days out of 7
- Will include weekend working
About the role:
- To keep all lawned areas (with the exception of the Golf Courses) to a high standard.
- To ensure that all gardening and grounds related equipment and machinery is secure at all times
- To keep all gardening and grounds related storage areas clean and tidy and where relevant in good working order
- To ensure the safe use, storage, calibration and disposal of pesticides and other similar substances, in accordance with statutory requirements.
- Ensure vehicles, equipment and tools used by yourself and the grounds team members are regularly cleaned and maintained in accordance with routine operating requirements to ensure optimum efficiency.
- Take the necessary action to ensure that our standards are not compromised and to manage upwards on all actions that require authorisation / expenditure / investment.
- Take full responsibility for ensuring that all soil cultivation, digging, forking, mulching, watering, raking. weeding, edging. pruning, bed preparation and planting is carried out when needed.
- To carry out gritting, salt spreading and snow clearing as and when needed and in conjunction with Company Policy and Procedure.
- Support the Golf Course Manager on any key investment projects as and when required on gardening/grounds related works.
- To understand and ensure the implementation of safe working practices with the gardening/grounds team and in conjunction with the relevant Risk Assessments for the department.
- Promote the Health and Safety of yourself and others and respond to any emergencies.
- To report anything that you deem to be a potential safety hazard to the Golf Course Manager.
About You - Key skills and experience:
- Previous experience of working in a similar role
- Good knowledge and experience of horticulture
- Adaptable with the ability to turn your hand to a wide range of varying tasks and duties
- Must have the ability to work on your own, without supervision and as part of a small team
- Keen eye for detail
- Capability of using garden machinery, including ride on mowers
- PA1 / PA6 certificate (desirable)
- Chainsaw certificate (desirable)
- Full driving licence (essential)
To ensure that you are the best you can be, we’ll ensure that you are trained by the best and that you will receive continued training, support, and personal development throughout your career with us.
The atmosphere on Resort is busy, fast-paced, and exciting, and no two days are ever the same! So, what are you waiting for…?
To start the next step of your journey with us – apply now! We look forward to hearing from you.
Immediate start for the right candidate