Junior Sous Chef
This role is based at Five Lakes ~ Maldon, ESSEX CM9 8HX
If you’re good at what you do, you can work anywhere. If you’re the best at what you do – come and work with us at Potters Resorts - Five Lakes, the UK’s only all-inclusive Resorts!
We have some fantastic opportunities available right now for team players with brilliant interpersonal skills, bundles of energy, endless enthusiasm, and the ability to go the extra mile every day.
Along with a competitive salary we will offer you …
- Personal Development and Accredited Learning opportunities with our Potters Academy
- Employee Assistance and Wellbeing Programmes
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Free Gym & Leisure facilities
- Friends & family discounts
- Team Recognition, Awards & Treat Days
- Loyalty Awards
About the Junior Sous Chef role;
- To be knowledgeable and have a robust understanding of the operational kitchen standards and expectations
- Support the Senior Sous Chefs with meeting any dietary or allergen requirements, by liaising directly with guests
- To lead by example at all times
- Take responsibility for the running of a shift, ensuring that quality, presentation, portion size, and temperatures are correct
- Support all members of the kitchen team to reach their full potential and allow them the opportunity to develop their career
- Pro-actively observe and evaluate the performance of team members daily, ensuring that they are delivering to the expected standards
- Actively recognise good performance within the team and praise and encourage the team
- Consistently check dishes before service for freshness, quality, and flavour to ensure that we are delivering the highest standards of food
This list is not exhaustive
You will take personal pride in;
- Providing fresh, delicious, and quality food to our guests
- Being approachable and supportive to all team members
- Having a keen eye and strong attention to detail
- Having excellent organisational and motivational skills
- Taking responsibility for your own personal and professional development
- Promoting teamwork by establishing strong working relationships with those around you, by treating your colleagues with respect
If you have a natural ability to build a rapport with our lovely guests and put a smile on their face that stays with them throughout their stay – then you could be just the person we’re looking for!
As a newly expanded and re-developed Resort we are able to offer a wide variety of roles and opportunities. To ensure that you are the best you can be, we’ll ensure that you are trained by the best and that you will receive continued training, support, and personal development throughout your career with us.
The atmosphere on Resort is busy, fast-paced, and exciting, and no two days are ever the same! So, what are you waiting for…?
Early / Late – 6 a.m. to 3 p.m. or 12 p.m. to 9.30 p.m.
5 days out of 7
To start the next step of your journey with us – apply now! We look forward to hearing from you.
Immediate start for the right candidate!