Lighting Engineer (Full Time)
Potters Resorts: Five Lakes
We are currently looking for a Lighting Engineer to support our busy Technical team, on a full time basis. Shifts will be further discussed at interview stage, however will involve working days, nights, weekends and bank holidays. As part of the lighting team the successful candidate will be responsible for operating all lighting equipment in our entertainment venues.
The key duties of this role would involve:
- The ability to operate and program (to a reasonable level) an Avolites desk.
- The ability to operate a show as directed by the lighting designer and show director.
- To maintain and clean the lighting rig and carry out a routine of maintenance for all equipment.
- Knowledge of how to use and program Qlab/Timecode.
- The ability to work under pressure and to make quick thought through decisions.
- Setting up equipment in different areas/locations on Resort for various events;
- Providing technical assistance on Resort during functions both day and night;
- Assisting in loading equipment to and from the theatre;
- Have a good understanding of programming lights for Cabaret acts.
About You - Key skills and experience:
Proven experience of working within a similar role, including:
- Basic experience of operating Video, Sound and Stage equipment. (Beneficial but not essential).
- Ability to work in a team, under pressure and multi-task.
- Organised, efficient and proactive.
- Good understanding of working safely within a Theatre/stage environment.
- Basic bench work skills including soldering. (Beneficial but not essential).
- Working with a really friendly and fun team (and creating fun & customer happiness for our guests/members, what’s not to like!)
- Excellent learning and development opportunities – including Apprenticeship Schemes
- Free use of the Facilities
- Discounted rates on accommodation, dining experiences, sports & leisure and entertainment
- Employee Assistance Programme - Health & Wellbeing support
- Cycle2Work Scheme
If you are looking for an opportunity to progress and join a market leading Holiday Resort then this is your chance!
Closing date for applications: Friday 11th November 2022.