MAINTENANCE TEAM MEMBER
This role is based at Maldon, Essex, CM9 8HX
If you’re good at what you do, you can work anywhere. If you’re the best at what you do – come and work with us at Potters Resorts, Five Lakes, the UK’s only all-inclusive Resorts!
We are currently recruiting for a knowledgeable, dedicated and experienced team member to join our busy Maintenance team providing a high-quality maintenance service to our Five Star Resort.
As a valued member of our Maintenance team, you are integral to providing a proactive service to the Resort, team and Guests, ensuring that all general maintenance tasks are actioned in a timely and effective manner.
We are looking for someone who has a flexible and practical approach to all tasks and is happy working in a physical role.
Along with a competitive salary, we will off you:
- Working with a really friendly and fun team (and creating fun & customer happiness for our guests/members, what’s not to like!)
- Excellent learning and development opportunities
- Gym membership
- A range of discounts varying from, accommodation, dining and sports & leisure
- Company pension scheme
- Refer a friend cash incentive
- Cycle2Work Scheme
- Employee Assistance / Wellbeing Programme
SCOPE & MAIN PURPOSE
The duties within this role will be very varied and will include general day to day maintenance tasks, across all areas and aspects of the Resort.
- Tasks may include (but not limited to);
- basic carpentry, small repairs, small plumbing and equipment repairs. In addition to supporting with any projects, maintaining all internal and external public areas, groundworks, drainage, and any associated ad-hoc maintenance tasks.
- To work alongside the Maintenance team completing any reported day-to-day maintenance tasks, across all departments and within our guest accommodation.
- Maintaining equipment and facilities to a high standard, ensuring that all areas are left safe, clean and tidy upon completion of the job.
- Support the Maintenance Manager, Maintenance Supervisor and team by fully complying with all relevant department procedures and policies.
- Observe high standards of health and safety around the Resort at all times and report any issues / concerns directly to the Maintenance Manager.
- Support the Maintenance Manager and team as and when required, with undertaking any statutory procedures / checks, such as Fire Door Checks, Fire Alarm Testing, Emergency lighting, Legionnaires, Circuit / PAT Testing and Risk Assessments.
- Build close working relationships with all Department Managers, communicating in a timely and effective manner relating to any Maintenance matters that may affect the operation of their department.
- Demonstrate a flexible and practical can do approach to all tasks involved.
About You - Key skills and experience:
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience, working in a similar general Maintenance role – ideally within a Hotel / Hospitality setting
- Must have a good working knowledge of general maintenance tasks / small repairs, experience of plumbing, basic electrics and carpentry.
- Level 2 or equivalent Maintenance qualification
- Problem-solving skills
- Customer service skills
- Standards driven, with a focus on quality and attention to detail
If you possess high levels of energy, excellent communication skills and the ability to quickly build a strong rapport with our team and guests this role could be just for you, working with a friendly and fun team at an amazing location. What are you waiting for … !
Full Time Role based upon 40 hours – worked 5 days out of 7 (Please note weekends are included on a rota basis).
This job has now closed
You can find more jobs over on our careers page.
See More Jobs