JOB TITLE: Painter and Decorator
REPORTING TO: Maintenance Manager
RESPONSIBLE FOR: Painting and Decorating
Potters Resorts Five Lakes, is a 320 acre family owned Resort with 2 Golf courses, a well-regarded Spa and located within the beautiful Essex countryside near Maldon.
We are looking for an experienced painter and decorator with a minimum of 2-3 years’ experience in a similar role. General Maintenance knowledge is also advantageous as you will be asked to cover/assist the Maintenance team on occasion.
This is a great opportunity to join our fast paced, standards driven operation. Could this be the challenge you are looking for?
If you possess high levels of energy, excellent communication skills and the ability to quickly
build a strong rapport with our team and guests this role could be just for you, working with
a friendly and fun team at an amazing location. What are you waiting for … !
Along with a competitive salary, we will offer you:
- Working with a really friendly and fun team (and creating fun & customer happiness for our guests/members, what’s not to like!)
- Excellent learning and development opportunities
- Gym membership
- A range of discounts varying from, accommodation, dining and sports & leisure
- Company pension scheme
- Refer a friend cash incentive
- Cycle2Work Scheme
- Employee Assistance / Wellbeing Programme
- Live in accommodation is also available
SCOPE & MAIN PURPOSE
- Identifying, preparing and decorating internal and external elements of the Resort building and grounds, which may include the use of paint, papers and other decorative finishes
- To carry out all aspects of painting and decorating internally and externally including the safe use of ladders, scaffolding and other equipment relevant for working at height
- Identifying maintenance, repairs and new jobs and assisting in the planning of work with the Maintenance Manager
- Assisting the Maintenance Manager with materials suppliers to ensure we stay up to date with supply, demand and availability and if required making contact with and ordering materials and supplies
- Carry out method statements and risk assessments in liaison with the Maintenance Manager, as and when required.
- To carry out planned preventative maintenance, breakdown maintenance and small new works to the highest possible standard
- To ensure that all team members are kept informed of problems/defects and work schedule as necessary
- To carry out decoration of the hotel to the highest possible standard ensuring all Health and Safety guidelines are met with minimal disturbance to guests
About You - Key skills and experience:
- A minimum of 2 – 3 years in a similar role
- Good colour vision and aesthetic instincts.
- Attention to detail.
- Physical strength, stamina and dexterity.
- Familiarity with painting tools and materials.
- Time management skills to ensure tasks are completed on schedule.
- Standards driven, with a focus on quality and attention to detail
- Exceptional organisational skills, with the ability to work under pressure and to specific time frames
This is a full time role – 5 days out of 7 based on a 40 hour week. ROP - £11.50
Please note; all shifts are worked around the needs and requirements of the business.
Immediate start date available for the right candidate!