Senior Sous Chef
This role is based at Five Lakes ~ Maldon, ESSEX CM9 8HX
If you’re good at what you do, you can work anywhere. If you’re the best at what you do – come and work with us at Potters Resorts - Five Lakes, the UK’s only all-inclusive Resorts!
We have some fantastic opportunities available right now for team players with brilliant interpersonal skills, bundles of energy, endless enthusiasm, and the ability to go the extra mile every day.
Along with a competitive salary we will offer you …
- Personal Development and Accredited Learning opportunities with our Potters Academy
- Employee Assistance and Wellbeing Programmes
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Free Gym & Leisure facilities
- Friends & family discounts
- Team Recognition, Awards & Treat Days
- Loyalty Awards
About the Senior Sous Chef role;
As a key member of our Senior Kitchen Management team;
- Support the Executive & Head Chef in delivering a high standard of food for our Guests, ensuring robust operational Kitchen standards and procedures are executed by the team at all times to achieve this
- To consistently check dishes before service for freshness, quality, and flavour to ensure that we are delivering to the standard and quality expected
- Take responsibility in the absence of the Executive / Head Chef to run the shift ensuring that all team members are fully aware of their responsibilities in the respect of HACCP, hygiene regulations, health & safety, fire procedures and that practices are followed
- Be proactive, engaging with our Guests and directly gaining feedback to support developing standards, reducing complaints and exceeding expectations
- Working with the Executive & Head Chef to achieve a 5 star Food Hygiene rating
- To support managing the agreed food cost targets in line with agreed budgets set
- Support all members of the kitchen brigade in their respective roles, allowing them the opportunity to grow and develop and to reach their full potential
- Actively recognise good performance within the team and praise and encourage the team
- To ensure that all dietary requirements are met at all times and delivered to company and legal requirements
- To be confident to manage Environmental Health Officers on-site inspections
This list is by no means exhaustive
You will take personal pride in;
- Providing fresh, delicious, and quality food to our guests
- Being approachable and supportive to all team members
- Having a keen eye and strong attention to detail
- Having excellent organisational and motivational skills
- Taking responsibility for your own personal and professional development
- Promoting teamwork by establishing strong working relationships with those around you, by treating your colleagues with respect
Hours of work:
- Straight shifts, worked around the needs of the business
If you have a natural ability to build a rapport with our lovely guests and put a smile on their face that stays with them throughout their stay – then you could be just the person we’re looking for!
As a newly expanded and re-developed Resort we are able to offer a wide variety of roles and opportunities. To ensure that you are the best you can be, we’ll ensure that you are trained by the best and that you will receive continued training, support, and personal development throughout your career with us.
The atmosphere on Resort is busy, fast-paced, and exciting, and no two days are ever the same! So, what are you waiting for…?
To start the next step of your journey with us – apply now! We look forward to hearing from you.
Immediate start for the right candidate