Sound Engineer (Full Time)
Potters Resorts Five Lakes
We are currently looking for an experienced Sound Engineer to support our busy Technical team, working in our amazing Glade Theatre. As part of the sound team the successful candidate will be responsible for mixing FOH and monitors in our state of the art entertainment venues.
This is a full time, permanent role, requiring flexibility as duties will include working days, nights, weekends and bank holidays.
The key duties of this role would involve:
- The ability to operate and program (to a reasonable level) both Digico Quantum series and Allen & Heath digital mixing consoles.
- To complete scheduled preventative maintenance tasks for all audio equipment, as directed by Chief Technician/Technical Management. This includes but is not limited to regular cleaning of Shure wireless handhelds, Belt packs, IEMs & Bantam patch bays.
- Ability to perform basic troubleshooting of all audio equipment including D&B amplifiers, Dante networks, MADI audio interfaces & Mac computers.
- Knowledge of how to use and program Qlab & DiGiCo consoles to Timecode.
- Mixing FoH sound for large scale Musical Theatre style shows (line by line mixing experience not required).
- Mixing IEMs & wedges as a Monitor engineer for Vocalists and Band members.
- Set up and strike of audio equipment in multiple areas/locations of the Resort for various events.
- Providing technical assistance on Resort during functions both day and night.
- Assisting in load ins/outs of equipment to and from the theatre.
- Willingness to learn and develop new skills in basic lighting, stage and video if required.
About You - Key skills and experience:
Proven experience of working within a similar role, including:
- At least 2 years experience in a similar role, preferably in Musical Theatre.
- Proficient in mixing a live band and large scale Musical Theatre shows. (60+ inputs).
- Basic experience of operating Lighting, Video and Stage equipment. (Beneficial but not essential).
- Ability to work in a team, under pressure and multi-task.
- Organised, efficient and proactive.
- Good understanding of working safely within a Theatre/stage environment.
- Basic bench work skills including soldering. (Beneficial but not essential).
- Studio recording/mix down experience. (Beneficial but not essential).
- Working with a really friendly and fun team (and creating fun & customer happiness for our guests/members, what’s not to like!)
- Excellent learning and development opportunities – including Apprenticeship Schemes
- Free use of the Facilities
- Discounted rates on accommodation, dining experiences, sports & leisure and entertainment
- Employee Assistance Programme - Health & Wellbeing support
- Cycle2Work Scheme
If you are looking for an opportunity to progress and join a market leading Holiday Resort then this is your chance!
Potters Resorts is an equal opportunities employer. We will consider all qualified candidates without regard to age, disability, gender, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, or sexual orientation. Our recruitment team are happy to support with any reasonable adjustments that are needed within the recruitment process.