Technical Manager - Full Time
This role is based at Five Lakes, Maldon, ESSEX, CM9 8HX
We are currently looking for a Technical Manager to oversee our busy Technical team, on a full-time basis. Shifts will be further discussed at interview stage, however, will involve working days, nights, weekends and bank holidays. As part of the Entertainments Management team the successful candidate will be responsible for managing the Tech Crew department and the Technical areas for the resort.
The key duties of this role would involve:
- Managing the technical team and supporting the Tech Crew Team Leader with all admin duties.
- Have a good working relationship with the Entertainment Manager and Group Technical Manager to support the department.
- The ability to operate and program (to a reasonable level) DiGiCo Quantum/SD series and Allen & Heath audio consoles, Avolites Titan lighting consoles, Green Hippo media servers and Blackmagic Video switchers/mixers.
- The ability to operate and maintain standards of Potters Theatre Company shows as directed by the Group Technical Manager/Show Creation team.
- Knowledge of how to operate and program QLab show control software, specifically to Timecode.
- The ability to work under pressure and to make quick thought through decisions.
- To complete scheduled preventative maintenance tasks for all technical equipment. This includes but is not limited to - regular cleaning of Shure wireless handhelds, Belt packs, IEMs & Bantam patch bays. Maintaining the lighting rig (including Robe moving light servicing) and video equipment including LED video wall cabinets.
- Ability to perform basic troubleshooting of all equipment including D&B amplifiers, Dante networks, Luminex Nodes, Pharos lighting control systems, Mac computers and KVM systems.
- Ability to mix FoH sound for large scale Musical Theatre style shows. (If required).
- Ability to mix IEMs & wedges as a Monitor engineer for vocalists and band members. (If required).
- Set up and strike of equipment in multiple areas/locations of the Resort for various events.
- Providing technical assistance on Resort during corporate functions both day and night.
- Assisting in load ins/outs of equipment to and from the theatre.
- Support in running an evening as Stage Manager for Potters Theatre Company productions and incoming acts. (If required).
- Have a good understanding of networking, specifically Netgear AV line, Luminex and Luxl switches.
About You - Key skills and experience:
Proven experience of working within a similar role, including:
- At least 2 years’ experience in a similar role, preferably in Musical Theatre.
- Experience of operating Sound, Lighting, Vision and Stage equipment for Musical Theatre Productions.
- Excellent Management and people skills.
- Ability to work well within a team, under pressure and multi-task
- Organised, efficient and proactive approach to work.
- Have great communication skills to ensure all relevant information has been passed on or received across the department.
- Good understanding of health and safety and working safely within a Theatre/stage environment.
- Basic bench work skills including soldering.
- Working with a friendly and fun team (and creating fun & customer happiness for our guests/members, what’s not to like!)
- Excellent learning and development opportunities – including Apprenticeship Schemes
- Free use of the Facilities
- Discounted rates on accommodation, dining experiences, sports & leisure and entertainment
- Employee Assistance Programme - Health & Wellbeing support
- Cycle2Work Scheme
If you are looking for an opportunity to progress and join a market leading Holiday Resort then this is your chance!
Closing date for applications: Friday 11th March 2023.
Potters Resorts is an equal opportunities employer. We will consider all qualified candidates without regard to age, disability, gender, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, or sexual orientation. Our recruitment team are happy to support with any reasonable adjustments that are needed within the recruitment process.
This job has now closed
You can find more jobs over on our careers page.
See More Jobs