This role is based at Five Lakes ~ Maldon, ESSEX CM9 8HX
NO previous catering experience is necessary! We will fully support your development and aspirations to progress your career within our standards driven experienced Catering team!
If you’re good at what you do, you can work anywhere. If you’re the best at what you do – come and work with us at Potters Resorts - Five Lakes, the UK’s only all-inclusive Resorts!
We have some fantastic opportunities available right now for Trainee Chefs. We are looking for individuals from any background, looking for a new career opportunity and who are happy to work as part of a great team. Could this be just what you are looking for ….?!
Along with a competitive salary (£10.25 ph**) we will offer you …
- Employee Assistance and Wellbeing Programmes
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Free Gym & Leisure facilities
- Friends & family discounts
- Team Recognition, Awards & Treat Days
- Loyalty Awards
- Basic food preparation to include salad, vegetables, starters, mains and desserts section
- Maintaining a high standard of cleanliness in designated kitchen station areas
- Plating food during service times at different stations within the kitchen
- Adhering to the company’s Food Hygiene, and Health and Safety policies
- Assisting with stock rotation
- Maintaining a high standard of personal hygiene
Our commitment to you:
- The opportunity to undertake a Level 2 NVQ in Professional Cookery (only if you want to!)
- A designated mentor within our Kitchen brigade, to support your continued progression
- A personal development plan to support your learning and development journey
- Development opportunities to progress to Commis Chef (with a high salary banding) and beyond (again, only if you want to!)
Hours of work:
- Full-time, part-time, and flex positions available
- Straight shifts – no split shifts!
- Tell us what suits you!
You will take personal pride in;
- Working as a team to deliver fresh, delicious, and quality food to our guests
- Ensuring that the kitchen environment is kept clean and meets hygiene and food standards regulations at all times
- Developing your knowledge to cater to dietary and allergy requirements
- Supporting a team working environment by establishing strong working relationships with those around you, by treating your colleagues with respect
The atmosphere on Resort is busy, fast-paced, and exciting, and no two days are ever the same! So, what are you waiting for…?
To start the next step of your journey with us – apply now! We look forward to hearing from you.
Immediate start for the right candidate
** Rates of pay - Based upon age:
£10.25 per hr (Over 23)
£9.50 per hour – 21 – 22
£9.10 per hour – 18 – 20
£8.91 per hour – 16 – 17